Final week summary

This class taught me a lot. I learned how to make many different types of media. The one that I had the hardest time but learned the most from was making my own sounds and putting them together. That is a skill I’ve always wondered how people did but never really understood it. Before this class I could only record sounds on video and did not know where to find sounds that were just audio files. Now I know how to do both. I also learned how to take a good picture and actually think about placement, lighting and composition of my image. I learned what makes a good image into a great image. This is a skill I will use in my everyday life. I also learned how to analyze movies and video. I don’t think I can watch a movie again without taking into account where the characters are placed in the shot and how the audio in the background is effecting the scene. The thing I would do differently if I retook the class was to not wait to do my work, like i did the first 2 weeks. After that I found a good balance as to when I did my work and it improved greatly! I also would try to be close to campus so I could use the photoshop functions and other functions that the school computers have that my computer doesn’t. I think my work would have been cleaner if I could’ve used those programs.

For my last project:

For my last project I decided to look at Flynn Ryder from the movie “Tangled”. I decided to go with a story line that him and his wife Repunzel did not work out and he is in the market for another princess. I thought this would be funny because you always believe they lived happily ever after just like every fairytale, so why not put an interesting spin on it. I decided to build the story by making it seem like Repunzel left Ryder for her chameleon friend and that her living with out her long hair really put a strain on there marriage because she had to re learn everything. I thought it would be funny to make a video of Flynn being interviewed for a prince and princess dating website. Making it seem like happily ever after wasn’t in the cards for a lot of fairytale characters and play on the fact that most of them were “love at first sight” when they really didn’t know each other.

Post navigation